Tuesday 14 February 2012

Chicks...... again???

I have found a hatchery that has tons of chicken breeds and is between Kingston and Coburg!!!
The name of the hatchery is Performance Poultry. There was one negative aspect about this hatchery and it was that you have to buy at least four of EACH breed and I only wanted one of each breed.
BUT, my mom phoned them up and was told that I could just get one of each breed and they might have 2 layers I could buy too!!! So the chick plan is back on I have picked out 3 breeds and we will go pick them up some point in April.
The 3 types of breeds I want are listed below:

Ameraucana
 Find out more about Ameraucans  
Egg rate: 3+/wk
Egg Colour: Blue
Hardy in winter, Bears confinement well, Docile and a 'fun' Personality


Australorp
 Find out more about Australorps

Egg rate: 5+/wk
Egg Colour: Brown
Hardy in winter, Bears confinement well, docile and a 'sweet and shy' Personality 


Silver Lace Wyandotte
 Find out more about Wyandottes

Egg rate: 4+/wk
Egg Colour: Brown
Hardy in winter, Bears confinement well, docile and a 'generally easygoing (with a tendency toward domination)'  Personality 


♥ Happy Valentines Day

--Zoë


Pictures and Links thanks to My pet chicken. 






No comments:

Post a Comment